With extensive experience working with a variety of insurance and provider data systems, Pulse8 staff understands how health care data are created. As a result, Pulse8 is exceptionally efficient at extracting data that come from multiple sources and formats, and then processing and cleaning the data for analysis.
The Pulse8 analytical environment has the most advanced software to transfer data in a secure manner, and then import the standardized data into a client-specific environment. Our software has extensive algorithms to evaluate the quality of data and transform it into meaningful data.
Although our “Extract, Transform, and Load” tools are the best in the industry, we obtain the most value by employing data scientists who have lived and breathed health data. With this experience, we quickly understand a variety of data types and formats, and without having to trouble the client, our IT and database staff, are able to make the appropriate transformations.
The foundation of analytics involves IT and informatics. Pulse8 has a secure environment for data transfer, storage, and the application of algorithms. Pulse8 implements cutting edge algorithms using advanced proprietary statistical software.
Pulse8 keeps all client data tables in separate environments within a powerful platform. It is then easy for analysts to select specific cohorts for analyses. The environment allows us to automatically apply proprietary algorithms to assign specific disease or risk categories to each member using the most powerful analytic tools in the world. We have a vast number of statistical tools to perform a variety of descriptive and multivariate statistics. Pulse8 staff combines these tools in creative ways and implements the most sophisticated methodologies.
Pulse8 domain knowledge is applied within our analytical models to create our propriety algorithms to transform raw data into actionable and easy to understand reports. Our statisticians evaluate the specific problem that needs to be solved, and then apply the most sophisticated statistical tools necessary to provide the solution. These efforts produce Pulse8 products; algorithms that take in client data and output actionable results within dynamic reports.
Our products were created using the following tools, and many of our ad hoc data services take advantage of these methodologies.
- Predictive models. Regression models, neural networks, tree-based models, and Bayesian modeling to predict a variety of healthcare outcomes.
- Cluster analysis. Tree-based, partitioning, and model based tools to put unstructured data into actionable groups.
- Visualization tools. Once data are graphed and plotted in creative ways using advanced software, the human eye can detect a variety of patterns that might lead to opportunities.
Applying domain knowledge and evidence-based medicine is critical; our results are based on modern clinical and health services research to ensure that the results truly will lead to cost reduction and health improvement.
Privacy and Security
Pulse8 staff take to heart that every number is a life. We respect that client data represents real people and their individual situations. With that in mind, we treat your data with the respect it deserves. We will always abide by the following principles:
- We always interact with data according to HIPAA/HITECH guidelines.
- We do not provide client data to 3rd parties.
- All data are de-identified where appropriate.
- Only team members that have a need to access PHI (Protected Health Information) data are given the ability to do so, and only to the extent needed to perform their function.
The Pulse8 team realizes that physical and logical security is of utmost importance when dealing with healthcare data. We ensure that all best practices are followed when working with data and the storage of data at rest.
- All data transfers are encrypted either through sFTP, pgp encryption on the files themselves, or both.
- Our Data Center is operated in a 24/7 monitored Tier 2 facility qualified against HIPAA regulations and supported by Professional Certified Information Systems Auditors.
- Data are stored in our data center using storage area networks encrypted with full disk encryption.
- All machines that have access to our clients’ data are password protected using “strong password” policies required by HIPAA.